Matson Peck and Topliss (MPT) has an opening for a Land Surveyor in Training or geomatics graduate. Our firm is engaged in diverse projects that includes legal, topographic, construction, GPS, control, monitoring and engineering surveys throughout the Lower Mainland.
We offer mentoring and skill development by our BC Land Surveyors and experienced technical field staff for a graduate to learn and progressively take on more challenging technical projects. Articles towards a BC Land Surveyor’s commission will be considered for the right candidate.
- Perform field survey work on a survey team.
- Liaise with managers to coordinate field survey work and survey methodologies to complete projects.
- Work on various types of surveys including legal, topographic, construction, hydrographic and engineering.
- Diploma or Degree from a Geomatics program.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience with legal and or related surveys would be an asset.
- Experience in operating total station, digital level, data collector and GPS equipment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data collection, calculations and note keeping.
- Familiarity with extracting information from various types of plans.
- Working outdoors under varied weather conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license.