Matson Peck and Topliss (MPT) has openings for both a Land Surveyor in Training or geomatics graduate (Degree/Diploma), and a Land Survey Assistant to join our team.
Land Surveyor in Training or Geomatics Graduate (Degree/Diploma)
Our firm is engaged in diverse projects that includes legal, topographic, construction, GPS, contol, monitoring and engineering surveys throughout the Lower Mainland. We offer mentoring and skill development by our BC Land Surveyors and experienced technical field staff for a graduate to learn and progressively take on more challenging technical projects.
- Perform field survey work in a survey team.
- Liaise with managers to coordinate field survey work and survey methodologies to complete projects.
- Work on various types of surveys including legal, topographic, construction and engineering.
- Diploma or Degree from a Geomatics program.
- Minimum 1 year’s experience with legal and or related surveys would be an asset.
- Experience in operating total station, digital level, data collector and GPS equipment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data collection, calculations and note keeping.
- Familiarity with extracting information from various types of plans.
- Working outdoors under varied weather conditions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license.
Land Survey Assistant
Willing to train a motivated, reliable individual with some construction or outdoor work experience.
Under the direction of the Party Chief, the Land Survey Assistant provides assistance to the survey team for the timely and efficient completion of survey projects.
- set up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment
- clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, and stock company vehicle
- required to use hand and power tools
- high school diploma; Geomatics education and previous experience an asset
- experience in construction work making and reading measurements would be an asset
- work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- good written and verbal communication skills
- attention to detail
- good teamwork and reliability
- capable of learning through on the job training
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.